Labels

beauty (1) family (2) Food (9) friends (2) my life (1) travel (1)

Friday 25 January 2013

Hey Singapore, Happy 1st!

Isn't crazy how we can look back a year ago and realize how much everything has changed? The amount of people that have left your life, entered, and stayed. The memories you won't forget and the moments you wish you did. Funny how my life has changed in just a year.

A year ago, I decided to start a new life here in Singapore, which is my way of "moving forward". (Sorry but I'm no longer madrama :P). Since I'm not really that good in writing, I just decided to make a photodiary.

January 26, 2012 - all my bags are packed, I'm ready to go

Living away from the comforts of my home means doing all the household chores, aka INDAY mode.



now, I'm a master chef wannabe

After living in Commonwealth for a month (thanks Maj for accommodating me) and in Clementi for a dreadful month, we finally found our home sweet home! Special thanks to Kuya Mike, Ate Vicky and Ate Charlene :)

In our house, we have more alcoholic drinks than food. Yung pagkain laging ubos, yung alak, laging may stock.

I became serious with my physical fitness. Goodbye boxing, hello yoga!

Fitness addict

After 9 months of waiting, I finally got my first iPhone! Weee!!!

But you win some, you lose some. Staying away from my family means celebrating my birthday and Christmas in the office. Oh well, that's life.



thanks to Skype!

And in just a year, I met these wonderful people whom I already consider as my siblings.

Ate Charlene, Ate Vicky and Kuya Mike

Ate Vic and Ate Mylene

Ate Gayle, Darlene, Cathy and Te Anne (sorry wala sa pic)

I was also able to catch up with some old friends.

colleagues in HP

Chem Engg batchmates

fellow UP Engr

OLOPSCians

Also, my closest friends visited me! Super fun!

Crazzy

Shaine and Hiro

Reg and Ate Cor



My family visited me as well, even if we only had a day to enjoy each other's company.

Family isn't always blood, it's the people in your life who wants you in theirs; the ones who accept you for who you are; the ones who would do anything to see you smile and who would love you no matter what. And within a year, I found my family away from home.

My officemates who are always concern with my lifestyle. They always give me food to ensure that I'm healthy.

UPUANS! My pa-morning-an ka-bonding

UP friends - it is always fun and chill when I'm with them

Shookie Girls! Wacky is normal to us.

What I love most about my home is who I share it with. Naks!

My flatmates, the Pajama Girls!!!

Like what I always say, I wouldn't have the courage to fly here if not for you. Thanks Maj! You are indeed the Co-presenter of Singapore life :)

Singapore, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me so far. Happy 1st Anniversary to us! Cheers for more bountiful years ahead!

And as a treat to myself, I got a fierce and stand-out shoes because according to Marilyn Monroe, "Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world".

2 comments:

  1. Brenda! Congrats on conquering your first year away from home. Trust me, it gets better. ;)

    Good luck! - Leng

    PS - Looking great! And I'm in SG this May. See you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!!! Thanks Leng! Sure, I'll definitely see you :)

      Delete