Labels

beauty (1) family (2) Food (9) friends (2) my life (1) travel (1)

Monday 28 January 2013

Chicken Teriyaki with Stir Fried Veggies

Here's my imbento recipe for Chicken Teriyaki. It's good, you should try it!


1. Marinade boneless chicken thigh/leg in soy sauce, rice wine, brown sugar and sesame oil overnight.

2. Heat the pan and add oil. I always use Canola because it's healthy. Brown the chicken, skin side down first. Yup, you should only brown the chicken and not fry it thoroughly. When a nice brown has been achieved (see the next photo), flip to the other side.

3. Remove excess oil. Now with the skin side up, pour the remaining marinade. Cover the pan and simmer until the sauce thickens.

4. Teriyaki is served with sesame seeds on top. Heat the pan and then toast the sesame seeds. You don't have to use oil in this step.

5. Fry the cubed tofu.

6. For the stir fried veggies, as always, saute the garlic and onion.

7. Add carrots. Season it (I used Maggi Magic Sarap)

8. Add the bean sprouts and cabbage. Stir then add about 1-2 tbsp of soy sauce.

9. Simmer then add the fried tofu.

TADA!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this recipe because I know that it was very delicious. I am excited to cook this recipe. So that I can now taste it.

    http://beststirfryrecipe.blogspot.com/2013/03/RecipeforStirFrySauce.html

    ReplyDelete